My post about the BBC Trust’s decision on local video has turned up on the homepage of the BBC Radio 4 Today programme (click the image which is a screenshot, here for posterity as I’m sure it’s just a fleeting mention). Given that I’m a fan, and the first thing I hear most mornings is Today, this does make me smile and blush in a slightly silly way.
- BBC local video scheme rejected (BBC)
- BBC Trust rejects corporation’s £68m local online video plans (Guardian)
- Regional newspaper publishers must improve websites – or the BBC will be back (Roy Greenslade, Guardian blog)
- BBC pulls back from the brink (Janet Daley, Telegraph blog)
- NUJ slams BBC Trust rejection of local plans while regionals celebrate (journalism.co.uk)
- BBC Trust rejects £68m local news plans, claiming they threaten regional media (Times)